EU programme Erasmus+ in University of Forestry, Sofia, Bulgaria

Page content.

Student charter

The status of Erasmus student applies to students who satisfy the Erasmus eligibility criteria and who have been selected by their university* to spend an Erasmus study period abroad at a partner university in Europe. Both universities must have an Erasmus University Charter awarded by the European Commission.

* University means any type of higher education institution, according to national legislation or practice, which offers qualifications or diplomas at that level, whatever such establishments may be called in the participating countries.

As an Erasmus student, you are entitled to expect:

  • Your home university and your host university to sign a learning agreement with you before you leave. This agreement will set out the details of your planned studies abroad, including the credits to be achieved.
  • A transcript of records at the end of your studies abroad, signed by your host university. This will record your results with the credits and grades achieved.
  • Full academic recognition from your home university for credits achieved during the Erasmus study period, in accordance with the learning agreement.
  • Not to have to pay fees to your host university for tuition, registration, examinations or access to laboratory and library facilities during your Erasmus studies.
  • Your student grant or loan from your home country to be maintained while you are abroad.

As an Erasmus student, you are expected to:

  • Respect the rules and obligations of the Erasmus contract with your home university or your National Agency.
  • Ensure that any changes to the learning agreement are agreed in writing with both the home and host university immediately they occur.
  • Spend the full study period as agreed at the host university, including examinations or other forms of assessment, and respect its rules and regulations.
  • Write a report on your Erasmus study period abroad when your return.

If you have a problem:

  • Identify the problem clearly and check your rights and obligations.
  • Contact your departmental coordinator and use the formal appeals procedure of your home university.
  • If you remain dissatisfied, contact your National Agency.